Hawki low or no cost health and dental insurance program for kids under 19 years old.
No family pays more than $40 a month. Some families pay nothing at all. A child who qualifies for Hawki dental insurance will get coverage through Delta Dental of Iowa. Health insurance coverage will be provided through a Managed Care Organization (MCO).
There are two options for MCO’s:
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
Iowa Total Care
Below are some of the eligibility requirements to determine if your child qualifies for the Hawki program:
- A resident of the state of Iowa
- Under 19 years of age
- Have no other health insurance
- A citizen of the United States or a qualified alien
- Be in a family that meets the Hawki income limits
- Not a dependent of a State of Iowa employee
- Not currently covered under the Medicaid program
For more information, contact our office or visit https://dhs.iowa.gov/hawki.