Crawford County Home Health, Hospice & Public Health
COVID-19 vaccine is now available to anyone age 16 and older (Pfizer for 16 years and older; Moderna and J &J for 18 years and older) at the following locations in the area:
- Thrifty White Pharmacy in Denison—Moderna and Johnson & Johnson
- To schedule an appointment, visit thriftywhite.com
- Walmart Pharmacy in Denison and Carroll—Moderna
- To schedule an appointment, visit walmart.com
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy in Denison, Carroll, and Harlan—Pfizer
- To schedule an appointment, visit hy-vee.com/my-pharmacy. Walk-ins are also welcome.
- Pexton Pharmacy in Harlan—Moderna and Johnson & Johnson
- To schedule an appointment, visit pextonpharmacy.com or call 755-2101
- Walgreens Pharmacy in Carroll—Pfizer
- To schedule an appointment, visit walgreens.com or call 1-800-925-4733
- CCMH Medical Clinic in Denison— Moderna and Johnson & Johnson
- To schedule an appointment, call 265-2500
What to expect when you get your COVID-19 Vaccine
General side effects that are normal:
- Muscle/joint aches
Injection site reactions that are normal:
- Swelling of lymph nodes
Signs of a severe allergic reaction that are NOT NORMAL—call 911 right away:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face and throat
- Fast heartbeat
Hives and rash are also not normal reactions. You need to contact your medical provider right away for treatment. You also need to notify the provider who gave you the vaccine to report any severe allergic reactions, hives, or rash.
Crawford County Home Health, Hospice & Public Health meets the community's needs through providing public health, home health, hospice, and homemaker services. Crawford County Home Health, Hospice & Public Health has been Medicare certified since May of 1974 and Hospice certified since May of 1999. Public Health services have been provided to the citizens of Crawford County since 1951. The agency is a non-profit organization serving under the direction of the Crawford County Board of Health and receives financial support from the Crawford County Board of Supervisors.
Crawford County Home Health, Hospice & Public Health believes in the human rights of each individual, the value of life, and the goal of achieving the highest standard of health possible for each individual served. The agency believes that these services provided are an important part of the health care delivery system. It is also believed that a home environment in many cases can enhance and encourage individuals to strive for optimal health. To achieve this goal, coordination and planning must involve the physician, other service providers, and educating the client and/or family. Optimum quality care is important to meet the community health needs.